Thursday, March 3, 2016

Power



Last weekend we attended a wine tasting at the new Art Mart.  It was a fundraiser and we enjoyed supporting a great cause, tasting wine and socializing with great friends. We also got a chance to look around the new store.

While browsing through all of the lovely things they have for sale, I came across some rose scented perfume.

When I was a poor college student I used to wear some very inexpensive perfume that smelled exactly like roses.  I wore it all the time.  I used to buy it at the grocery store.  I haven't been able to find it in years.

One sniff of this new perfume and I was transported back 20 years.

I excitedly showed it to Deane. He smelled it and got the biggest smile on his face!  He bought it for me immediately.  We took it back to our table and I showed it to our group of friends.  Deane excitedly told them all about how I used to wear rose perfume all the time.

The power of smell to bring back memories is strong indeed.

I put some of my new perfume on before we went to bed that night.

No comments: