Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Vision



I've worn glasses since I was in 7th grade.  I actually self-diagnosed my near-nearsightedness. 

We were doing a project in Science class that involved measuring how light enters your eye.  We had to chart our own measurements on a diagram of the eye.  The lines were all supposed to converge on a single focal point.  Mine didn't.  My mom took me to the eye doctor the next day.

I started wearing contacts when I was 16.  I have the kind you can sleep in and so I often forget that I have vision problems.  I do have to take them out occasionally and when I do, I am instantly reminded of how blind I really am.  Deane will ask me what time it is and I'm all "Where's the clock?"

I'm old enough now that I'm nearsighted and farsighted.  Thank God for mono-vision contacts!
It's not perfect, I wear glasses to drive at night or watch movies (they correct my farsighted contact eye for my nearsighted issues), but they're a far sight better than bifocals! (See what I did there?).

I am often very grateful to live in a day and age with so much medical advancement.  Indeed, I would have perished log ago with out it.  It's good to take a step back and reflect on it every once in a while.

No comments: