Saturday, February 28, 2015

Powers


A good friend of mine made this photo for me shortly after my motorcycle accident.  She had it printed poster sized and it was in my hospital room for the duration. It gave me inspiration and made me laugh.

I have no real super powers, except maybe when it comes to jigsaw puzzles, I'm really good at those. What I do have is the power of those around me.

A few years ago I needed it in spades.

I will never be able to explain the feelings that come to mind when I think back on those times.  You may think this is crazy, but most of them are positive.

Don't get me wrong, it was (is) painful and sucked beyond measure in many ways, but it also brought out the very best in many people close to me. I have fond memories of those interactions and the friendships that were formed.

Adversity has the power to show you your strengths and weaknesses.  It also shows you those of the people around you.  I had so many strong people around me, helping me at every turn. It was amazing. I have so much to live for. I had so much love and support, and still do.  

My powers come from all of you.

Thank you!

No comments: