Monday, March 24, 2014

Lent 2014 - Day 19 & 20 - Noah

Optimus Prime Noah Marcus "silent" Wolf Schaumburg

When your mother told me she was pregnant with you I was so excited I screamed! It's a wonder the whole neighborhood didn't find out!

We did know if you were a boy or a girl for awhile, so Deane and Julian started calling you Optimus Prime.
Wolf wanted to be sure he was part of your life too, so he lobbied to have his name added in.  Your mother said the Wolf would be silent, but we could say it was there.

You have been loved since before you were born.  Our families are one now that you are here.

Being your Godparents is something that Deane and I take very seriously.  We are so honored.  To be clear, that means that Julian and Cora are your family now too, as if there was ever a doubt.

Your Uncle Deane will teach you to be mischievous and geeky, kind and giving and to love children and dogs.

Julian will be your protector and will wrestle with you, chase you and catch you when you fall.

Cora will teach you compassion, to sing and cook and to be fearless.

I am your Auntie Cee and you will melt my heart every time you call my name (just like your sister Lilly does).  I will be there to watch over you, cheer you on, encourage you to try new things, cuddle you and dust you off.  And if you and Lilly promise not to tell your mom, you may have cake whenever you like!

No comments: