Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lent 2014 - Day 4 - Paxton

Paxton

I love living here!

I love that it takes half an hour to run to the IGA for a gallon of milk because you have to stop and talk to 10 people while you're in the store.

I love that what's going on in our schools is considered front page news in our local paper.

I love the way people look out for each other here.

When I had my motorcycle accident 2.5 years ago, among other things people did for us, for six months people brought dinner to my house everyday.  This was such a huge thing for us. While I was in the hospital it took a huge weight off my husband's shoulders.  Once I got to Heartland, just down the street from our house, it allowed Deane and the kids to bring dinner to me and let us eat together as a family, something we have always tried to do. It meant the world to me. I will never know who all of these people were who provided us with the food, or be able to thank them.  That's ok, they don't care about that, they care about me and my family and that's what matters.

Whenever someone in Paxton needs help the town is there for them and so are we.

I know some people don't like living in small towns because they say too many people get into their business. I have not found this to be the case.  What I have found here are wonderful, giving people who care about each other.

It is a privilege to live here and I have no plans to leave.

No comments: