Monday, April 7, 2014

Lent 2014 - Day 28 - Performing

Performing

Today I got to attend our school's Show Choir Spectacular (think talent show with no judging).  It is always an amazing show!  We have some very talented students at our High School, and great staff who teach and encourage them. We have attended this show for the last several years and have really enjoyed watching the kids.  The highlight for me, of course, is watching Cora perform.

Julian was in band, but never did Show Choir or any singing, so this is Cora's event.

Cora never let's us hear her songs before the performance, she wants it to be a surprise for us.  I think she just wants to make me cry in public.  She is amazing!

I used to do a lot of theater, when I was in High School.  I can't sing though.  I was always in the chorus for our school musicals because I could dance, sing with a group and act.  Believe me, you never want to hear me sing a solo!  I miss performing.  I really enjoy being in front of an audience.  Some of the best friends I've ever had were made during my theater days.  Someday, maybe soon, I hope to get back to it.  For now, I enjoy watching Cora shine.

She can sing and dance and act.  She did her first musical last summer and I'm hoping she'll do one this summer (Once Upon a Mattress!!!!!).  I love watching her.  Each time she performs her confidence grows.  It used to be that when she took the stage to sing I had to sit in the front row right in front of her so she could focus on me and no one else.  Not any more!  

Even though Cora can really get up there and belt it out, she's great at sharing the stage too.  This year she performed a duet with a young lady she's sung with many times.  Their voices together are awesome.  Cora likes to make sure everyone gets a chance to perform, it's one of the things I love about her.

I have really enjoyed helping to nurture this side of her.  I hope she keeps it up for many years to come.  I know when I decide to take the stage again myself, she will be there, front and center, cheering me on too!



No comments: