Friday, April 18, 2014

Lent 2014 - Day 38 - Writing

Writing

I've never considered myself to be much of a writer.  Truth be told, I've done more writing on a regular basis these last thirty nine days than I have since college.  I've always thought of myself as a competent writer, it's just never been one of my favorite things to do.

My parents are both accomplished and published authors.  Other than on my blog, I don't think any of my writing has ever really been published.  I've written the odd article for an online newsletter here or there, but nothing really of note.

I have had some of my short films and videos get published.  I even had one on exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City.  That was pretty cool.  I also had a few exhibitions of my photography when I was in college.  All of that was a long time ago.

I have found it quite challenging to try to write pretty much everyday for 40 days (that would explain why I'm a few days behind).  It has also been rather enjoyable.  The best part of it for me has been hearing your comments and having conversations with you about my stories.  I'd love for these posts to be seen more as conversation starters than anything else.  I have no great dreams of becoming a star of the blogosphere, but I must admit that I get a thrill when I see the view counts go up on my posts (remember, I'm very competitive).

It has been rather cathartic as well.  I've enjoyed trying to explain how I feel about things and why some things are important to me.  I hope it's given you a chance to get to know me better.

I doubt that I will continue to try to post on a daily basis once Lent is over.  However, I will probably post more often than I did before.

Thank you for being a great audience!

1 comment:

sparksfam said...

I will admit I have read most of your posts and enjoyed them all! Great to know more about you and thanks for sharing! Your an even stronger person than I knew. Love you writing and honesty. I always think to myself, What a fun family!