Thursday, April 17, 2014

Lent 2014 - Day 36 - Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking

One of my biggest hobbies is Scrapbooking.  I love doing it, but sometimes its hard to get started.  It can be so overwhelming!  There are just so many photos, it seems impossible to ever get caught up!

I think one of the reasons I like to scrapbook is because I have so little from when I was growing up.  We moved so often that keepsakes were few and it seems I have almost no photos from my childhood.  I love telling the stories of my family in these albums.  As you can see, we have quite a few!

I've been trying to finish albums for Wolf from his stay here with us last year.  I'm trying to make two copies of the albums, one for him and one for us.  It's a daunting task and I need to be more diligent about it. That's another part of the problem for me, once it becomes a job it loses some of the fun.

For over ten years I was a Creative Memories consultant, mainly to support my own habit. I don't miss having to make sales, I miss the crops though.  They were kind of like a modern day Quilting Bee.  Lots of women all together in the same room working on creating something meaningful for their families.  We would talk and share about our lives, make suggestions about page layouts, laugh and snack.  It was wonderful! I'm sure I'd scrapbook more now if I had some of that fellowship. Anyone want to be my scrapbook buddy?

Time is also my enemy here.  Everything else seems to be more of a priority.  I have a space in the basement where I can crop, now that its finally warming up I might be able to spend more than 15min. down there and not get frostbite!

Whenever I see my kids sit down and look through an album it reminds me why I made them.  They love going over the photos and the stories, reliving family vacations, Christmas and birthdays, as well as everyday days we had together.  These are great gifts, I just need to remind myself of that and get back to it!

Let me know if you'd like to come over and crop sometime! I'd love to have the company!

No comments: