Monday, March 2, 2015

Bless


Bless you!

Count your Blessings.

I am so Blessed.

This photo is of the first time Deane and I were able to dance together, 9 months after my accident.

I suppose there was a time when people weren't sure I'd ever walk again, let alone dance. 

To be honest, that thought never entered my head. 

Maybe I was naive to be so optimistic, but from the moment I landed on that truck and was able to move my fingers and toes, I knew I was going to be ok.  I knew it was bad, but that I'd come through it.

Perhaps it was by design, but I was surrounded by people who were so supportive, they never let such a thought enter my head.

My feet didn't touch the floor for 4.5 months, but when they did, I took 2 steps.

Then I was using a walker to get across the room.  From there I went to a cane,  Now, I walk unassisted for the most part.  I'm not so good on uneven terrain and I have to hang on when going up or down stairs but I manage.

I can dance.  

Nothing fancy, but enough to have fun and embarrass my kids.  Enough to enjoy a slow dance with my love.

I am so Blessed!

How are you Blessed?

No comments: