Sunday, March 29, 2015

Meditate


I don't meditate. I like the idea of it, I've never really tried to formally meditate. I'd have to say writing these posts is probably as close as I get to it, except for when I pray.

I pray at night before I go to sleep.  I reflect over the day and give thanks for all that I have.  I ask for guidance and help for myself and others in need. I try very hard to stay focused and do a good job of praying.  The problem is, I'm also winding down and trying to fall asleep.  

I often find that my mind wanders mid prayer and I go off on a tangent.  At some point I remember that I was praying and try to bring myself back and focus.  I feel guilty sometimes that I'm not giving payer the focus and attention it deserves.  Perhaps I need to find a better time of day, when I can remain focused and devote myself in honest prayer then. 

What do you do to meditate? Do you pray?/ How do you do it?

No comments: