Saturday, March 14, 2015

Search


I search for things all the time!  My husband's keys, a good image for a blog post, the perfect outfit for a special day, just the right art work for a room in my house.  

I also search for information; a lot!

I enjoy the hunt.  Narrowing down the possibilities until you find just the right ___________. I get a certain thrill out of finding that perfect what have you, and it's even better when you can get it for a great price.

I'm not good at browsing, I'm much better at focused searching (and shopping).  I prefer to go in with a goal in mind.  Browsing can lead to inspiration, I'm not saying it's all bad, I just like a targeted approach better.  I am a very task oriented, goal driven kind of person, so I guess that helps explain this.

When something strikes my passion I can become consumed with wanting to search for everything I can find about it.  This could be collecting Dept. 56 houses ( I am a recovering addict), or learning everything I could about King Arthur and Queen Elizabeth I.  Searching can spark passion as well as feed it.

Searching is part of human nature; our curiosity is one of the things that makes us interesting.
I, for one, plan to keep right on searching.

What are you searching for?

No comments: