Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Near


While I much prefer real, honest to goodness face time with friends and family, that is not always possible.  Technology, and primarily this silly little thing called Facebook, makes it possible to stay connected with those near and far.

I can feel close and involved in the lives of friends and family overseas by trolling their Facebook pages, liking their photos and commenting on their posts. I can share my own thoughts and photos as well. 

I know I talked about social media in an earlier post, but it really is an important part of how I keep people near to me.

Facebook and its ilk will never replace being together in person, but they have allowed us to maintain ties that often were lost in the past.

I for one, am glad to be near all of you as you read this.

Thank you.

No comments: