Sunday, March 15, 2015

Celebrate IV


Today was a banner day!

First, I got to go shooting with some wonderful ladies and my husband and son.  We literally had a blast!  We had lots of fun shooting at the indoor range our son works at.  Not only was the shooting and learning fun, it was also great to see how in his element my son is at his place of work.

Even though he wasn't working today, when he saw that the range checkout was getting backed up, he jumped in to help them get caught up.  He was greeted on the range by several regular customers who were just genuinely happy to see him. He belongs there.  It was a great thing for a mom to see!

After shooting we came home and I baked cookies.  Not just any cookies, Carol's Cookies, from The Walking Dead.  You see, today is Sunday, and that means a group of mainly High School kids come to my house for what we call Sci-fi Sunday.  We watch science fiction and The Walking Dead.  Last week's episode featured some very special cookies.  AMC was good enough to post the recipie, so I made them.

So, today I celebrate fellowship in a myriad of ways!
What do you celebrate today?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cookies and a gun...now that REALLY makes them "Carol's Cookies!" After reading this just wanted to say how impressed with Julian I was at the range. He was a great teacher - he was knowledgable and helpful, but didn't talk down to me and seemed sincere about assisting! If Brian and I get a chance to go together, I told him we'd have to ask for Julian to help us out with some of the different guns we could rent. Just thought a momma might appreciate some sincere, yet objective praise! Ya done good!

Cordelia said...

Thanks Debby! That means a lot coming from a lady with amazing kids herself! Julian really does love working there and teaching people about firearms.