Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Endure


In honor of Wolf and St. Patrick's Day, I give you a photo of what we had to endure a few years ago about this time.  We were in Washington D.C. a few days after St. Patrick's Day and it was FREEZING!  Also, many of the sidewalks are made of pebbles or brick, neither of which are conducive to smooth rolling in a wheelchair.

We all endure many things on a regular basis:
  • meetings, oh so many meetings
  • health procedures, those are always so much fun
  • inescapable conversations with inescapable people
  • inclement weather
  • travel issues
  • etc., etc.
I could go on and on listing all of the things we endure.  I really think it's more important to think about why we endure them:
  • to learn things and be productive
  • to be healthier and take care of ourselves
  • to be a good friend, or even just to be polite, sometimes that is enough
  • weather changes, good days will come again
  • sometimes, it's more about the destination than the travel
  • etc,, etc.
Never forget, life is what you make of it.  Dwelling on the negative will keep you in the negative. Looking for the positive will help get you to the positive.

What have you endured and why?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I endured a horrible divorce I thought I didn't want.

I endured worrying about my kids and worrying what kind of impact the decisions these "adults"- that were put in their path to take care of them - would have on them.

I endured thinking I was tainted because I wasn't wanted. I still "endure" that sometimes. However, after a year and half of grieving and after eight years of being able to look back on what I endured, I am able to say "thanks."

Thanks God, for all the hidden treasures I didn't know would come out of enduring that time; My husband Brian, who may not always speak his mind but instead practices "doing" good and not just "speaking" about it; the most surprising treasure might be a reminder that these kids I call "mine" are really YOURS. I knew that the second they were born. And though I have never forgotten it, I have distanced myself from feeling it. And what a blessing to remember and feel that!

Through decisions out of my control and possibly not in the best interest for your kids, you still took care of us as your family, watching over us. I truly believe from endurance comes wisdom.

So endure and be wiser.



(Wow, Cordelia, I got going and just couldn't quit! Loving your blogs, now that I have a little time to read them.)